Help to Buy offers eligible Buyers a 20% equity loan from Homes England which is a government funding initiative
Whether you are a first time buyer or an existing homeowner looking to move house, if you need help to step either on or further up the property ladder, this scheme could be for you.
An equity loan allows you to borrow a % of the total value of your chosen home. The lender shares in any rise or fall in the value of the property over the course of the loan. When you sell your home, the loan is repaid in full.
- Decide on a property
- Discuss with the Sales Advisor
- Liaise with the Financial Advisor*
- Complete a reservation form
- Complete a property information form the sales advisor will have one or you can download this from www.helptobuy.gov.uk
- Submit both the reservation form and the property information form to helptobuy.gov.uk
- Help to buy will then issue an Authority to proceed but you should not apply for a mortgage or instruct a solicitor until this point
- At the point when you legally complete on your new home, this should be the only property that you own
- For more information please see the buyers guide on the Help to Buy website
*We provide the offer of Free Independent financial advice from financial advisors who specialise in this aspect of mortgage lending.